MUSE - enable 5th Electrode?

here you can ask questions reagarding BrainBay

Moderator: chris

MUSE - enable 5th Electrode?

Postby encoded_evolution » Sat 17. Sep 2022, 22:13

Hi all,

I have an extra electrode connected to my Muse 2, but Brainbay is not detecting it. I have confirmed that it is working by using another application, Mind Monitor, which confirms that it has signal.

On the Brainflow website it gives instructions for activating these presets for the Muse:
Available BrainFlow Presets:
BrainFlowPresets.DEFAULT_PRESET contains EEG data, to enable 5th EEG channel use board.config_board("p50")
BrainFlowPresets.AUXILIARY_PRESET contains Gyro and Accel data, enabled by default
BrainFlowPresets.ANCILLARY_PRESET contains PPG data, to enable it use board.config_board("p61")

I cannot see these outputs in the source configuration.

Question: can I do this via config string? or does it need to be changed in the code?
encoded_evolution

by Advertising » Sat 17. Sep 2022, 22:13

Advertising

Re: MUSE - enable 5th Electrode?

Postby chris » Sat 17. Sep 2022, 22:26

Hi!
yes - special parameters are supposed to be sent to the device via the "config string" parameter.
I prepared this in the Brainflow element but never tested it because I don't have a device which offers this feature.

I'm not sure what should happen after you activated the 5th channel (if Brainflow then offers another channel via the API) ...

regards,
chris
chris
Administrator

Postby encoded_evolution » Sun 18. Sep 2022, 01:45

It isn't working by just typing in that line into the config string field. See attachment.

Is there another place to update that line, application config, or other text file where brainflow presets live?
Attachments
brainbay stopped working.PNG
brainbay stopped working.PNG (27.89 KiB) Viewed 84 times
encoded_evolution

Postby encoded_evolution » Sun 18. Sep 2022, 13:48

I discovered how to resolve this! I looked through the code on github, and saw a similar call used elsewhere (in op_brainflow.cpp I think). I guessed from that that I should not enter the whole line ie: board.config_board(... so I just entered the term p50. That works entering the code without quotes. :)

Now I just have to clean up the design.
encoded_evolution

TAGS

Return to BrainBay General Questions